Friday, November 18, 2005

Girding up

Tomorrow. Tomorrow I send my family off and I pray through my home. Perhaps I am making too much of this, but I am proceeding cautiously.

A couple of nights ago the son I was not so concerned with shared some things with me that showed there are things creeping about the edges of his consciousness as well. My wife is moody. I am irritable.

Little things have been popping up that are keeping me so busy I haven’t gone through my home and gotten rid of the minor things I feel need to be removed. Small things such as videos a friend sent that really aren’t so bad but... Things like the "Alien" trilogy, "The Highlander" series, stuff that really aren’t about blood and gore and evil, but I would not feel comfortable having on the tv if my LORD was sitting on the couch beside me. (Please take no criticism if you enjoy such things. This is just about me and my choices.) But I WILL get them out of the house tonight.

I have started anointing my family members each night and praying over them (including my wife). I have confessed and repented of what He has shown me as unworthy of a follower of Him. I have fasted and prayed and gathered scriptures, and I am almost ready.

In the morning I will rise early, go to the prayer room in our church and place myself in His care. I will see my family off and I will start in the most remote part of the house and work through it, as if I am pushing something out, room by room, closets, hallways and porch. I will pray in the shed and in the tree fort and on the roof. I will anoint windows and doors and eaves and peaks. I will pray over the corners of the property and with His guidance create a spiritual barrier about my home.

I know this is a strange post. And for anyone who has stumbled onto this blog at this point you may think I’m a little looney. But that doesn’t matter to me. I think this is all a little odd also, but I am convinced it is real and I need to do this.

“...Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints...” Ephesians 6:10-18

So, if you are inclined, and the time is before noon on Saturday November 19 Pacific Standard Time, could you say a prayer for me and mine?

I could use the help. I’m busy girding on the full armor of God and I want to be sure all the straps are secure.

12 comments:

Gigi said...

I will...I have been praying for people to surround you and innundate you and your family w/unconditional Christ like love....I will pray until you tell me to stop.....ASK BELIEVE RECIEVE....

Bethany said...

You and yours are in my prayers.

An Ordinary Christian said...

Well, curious servant, it is Saturday, before noon Pacific time. Actually it is about 10:50 AM. Here are snip-its of the verses I meditated on this morning that applied to me, a boy named Matt and now you. It is from Psalm 138. Excuse inaccurate words that I am not recalling correctly:

"I will praise the Lord with my whole heart. I will praise Him before the gods...You have exalted Thy word above Thy name...truth...You will strengthen me...The glory of God is great...though trouble surrounds me You revive me. Thou shall stretch forth Thy hand against the wrath of mine enemies and Thou will save me by Thy right hand. Thou will perfect that which concerneth me." Also from Isaiah 61: The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because He hath ordained me to bring healing to the meek....He will bring beauty for ashes, a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness, oil of joy for mourning...He will cause righteousness to spring forth and they shall be called trees of righteousness...that.. may know that thou art (a family) that the Lord has blessed....for the glory of the Lord." Sorry about the messed up words, but it is real prayer and based upon my memory of my earlier meditation of His great, powerful and effective word. May God grant you peace.

Lillee said...

It is before noon, your time.

Father, I lift my hands to your in search of an answer for this man and his family. I call upon Jesus's name to disperse all evil from his home and his life, the lives of his children and wife. I pray mercy for him, understanding and wisdom. I thank you for his awesome testimony. Amen

Curious Servant said...

Thank you, all of you.

I just finished. I took my time and prayed in every location of my home. I burned frankencense and myrrh and quoted scripture throuoghout.

It was stange at first, and I got a case opf the "heebie jeebies" at one point (I heard a knocking on the wall for several minutes while I prayed in my son's room), but it got easier and my tongue loosened, and now... now I feel like dancing!

I annointed every door, window and building corenr. I sprinkled oil around the edge of the house, along the property lines and along the peaks of the roof.

And I feel like dancing!

Thank you, all of you, who stopped for a moment and said a prayer. Even up on that slippery roof I felt safe, that I would not fail.

What a wonderful God! My heart feels so large right now. I know that the creator of the universe loves ME. ME! He cares about me and my family.

I know that I was not alone through this, that there was protection around me and I am so grateful.

LORD GOD ALMIGHTY! I PRAISE YOU! I FALL AT YOUR FEET AND WORSHIP YOU! THANK YOU FOR MY CHILDREN, FOR MY WIFE! HELP ME TO BE A FAITHFUL SERVANT SO THAT I MAY PLEASE YOU WITH MY THOUGHTS. WORDS AND DEEDS. YOU ARE A MIGHTY GOD AND I LOVE YOU MORE THAN I CAN SAY. MY HEART IS TOO SMALL AN ORGAN TO FULLY HOLD YOUR GOODNESS. BUT ALL THAT I HAVE IS YOURS DEAR LORD. I PRAISE YOU!

HALLELEJAH! MY LORD REIGNS! REIGN IN ME LORD! LET ME ALWAYS BE YOUR SERVANT! I PRAISE YOU WITH ALL THAT I AM> HOLY HOLY HOLY LORD. HOLY HOLY HOLY. AMEN... AMEN... AMEN...

Erin said...

Indeed, praise Your HOLY name.
Thank you Lord, for Your goodness.
Thank you for Your faithfulness.
You are so very worthy to be praised, and we thank you.
Amen.

David said...

A strange post - not at all. I think it shows where you are and that is a good thing and a good place to be.

see-through faith said...

DANCE :) I love it - God is so worthy of our praise

Keep up the prayers for protection. Keep up the anointing. The next few days are critical.

Also pray for guidance about any entrances for the enemy to attack your family or your home. He will be back, but my prayer is that every entranceway will be blocked by the name or Jesus

PS you aren't mad, you are standing on the Word of God

Vicki said...

I only wish more husbands would take this spiritual initative to protect their precious families. You're not strange at all to me. Maybe to the world, but HEY....we're IN the world, but not OF the world, right?

God bless you. I've been reading your blog tonight and feel such a blessing. You bless so many, just by being faithful to the Lord. I pray the Lord would give me such boldness in His Spirit!

Thank you!

Keep going!!

Make His praise GLORIOUS!

Vicki

Anonymous said...

I just made it by the blog tonight, but I wanted to say I hope your prayers went well.

And thanks for stopping by to readMMMe. :)

Anonymous said...

Just made it here tonight...but so glad it went well...and it sounds like you accomplished some things! I do not think you are nutty, but wise. I think we so little understand "the unseen war" constantly going on. We have had 2 houses we had to go through and pray over...probably a good idea to do so wherever we live anyway!

Blessings, Elizabeth

Professor Jeff said...

AMEN. AMEN. And I recall another word of G-d when I read this story.

It is because you obeyed, G-d gifts us with joy and power on high. It is how King David was able to crush the lion and bear and work is way up to Goliath. He also sacrificed his own thoughts and ways and followed G-d commandments.

YOU WILL NEVER FORGET THIS EVENT!